Prices & Policies
We welcome health insurance plans from most major local and national insurance companies. When covered, most patients typically have just a low-cost copay for our care.
Call us at (505) 988-2449 today to learn how your health plan works here at our Clinics!
Whenever someone selects a treatment that is either not covered by their insurance plan, or for which they choose not to use their Insurance, it is considered a Self-Pay service.
Payment is due in full at the time of service to receive the following Self-Pay Discounts*:
- $125 for Initial Acupuncture, for both Adults and Children
- $95 for Follow-up Acupuncture for Adults
- $50 Half hour Follow-Up Acupuncture treatments for children under 12
- $95 for both Initial and Follow-up Medical Massage
- $125 for Initial Mayan Abdominal Therapy with Dr. Acazia Gilmore, DOM
- $95 for Follow-up Abdominal Therapy with Dr. Acazia Gilmore, DOM
- $125 for Initial Consultation, Adult
- $75 for Follow up Consultation, Adult
- $125 for Follow up Homeopathy with Acupuncture treatment at same visit, Adult
- $95 for Initial Consultation, children
- $55 Follow up Consultation, children
- $75 for Follow up Homeopathy with Acupuncture, children
- $108.00 for Each Session
- $297 for a Package of 3 (10% Discount!)
- Please see our AESTHETICS page in the menu for complete details on pricing.
*For simplicity sake, all of our rates listed include tax
- Gift Certificates are available Online or at either of our Clinic locations.
- Gift Certificates may be redeemed by bringing in the gift certificate or receipt (proof of purchase) on the day of treatment. If a Gift Certificate or Proof of Purchase is not brought to the appointment, that Gift Certificate may not be redeemed at the time of service and a cash or credit card payment will be required.
- Purchased Gift Certificates do not expire, however, Gift Certificates that are won or donated will have an expiration or "use by" date, and do not have any cash value.
- Gift Certificates may be transferred to another party unless otherwise specified on the Gift Certificate.
- A Gift Certificate that is used for an appointment that is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice from the appointment time will render the Gift Certificate void in lieu of a cancellation fee.
* Our cancelation policy is 24 hours notice without charge.
If your appointment is not cancelled with notice given by you to our team more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time, the cost of the appointment will be collected. Typically this is $95.00 but may be higher depending on what type of appointment you scheduled. Reasonable exceptions for genuine emergencies directly involving the patient who missed an appointment may be made at Staff discretion. However this requires the Patient who canceled d/t emergency comes in promptly for same service preferably with same provider, as soon as is possible, typically within 4 days or less of the appointment missed; and written verification / proof of the emergency is also required, in order to cancel without a fee. When a Patient has more than one Late Cancellation or No Show of any service within a 6 month period, we require a valid credit card number to be kept on file. This information is saved to bill the cost of any appointment cancelled in violation of our policy directly above.
You may cancel / reschedule by phone or by email (click CONTACT above to complete our online form). Remember, our office staff is available 7 days a week to take your call!
Requirements for Scheduling any Self Pay Service or Treatment
When scheduling any Self Pay Service, or when having more than one Late Cancellation or No Show of any service within a 6 month period, we require a valid credit card number to be kept on file. We store these numbers in an encrypted database. Once our Staff enters the information, only the last 4 of the credit card number is visible. This information is saved to bill the cost of any appointment cancelled in violation of our policy directly above. We promise to safeguard your confidential credit card information.
Billing your Insurance
Insurance rates are dependent on your insurance plan coverage, copays, and plan year deductibles. We will collect your insurance information at your initial New Patient Intake phone call and advise your of your benefits. Benefit details are not a guarantee of payment, and any benefits paid on your claim are determined by your health insurance company at the time the claim is received and processed.
Copays are due at the time of service. We bill your insurance and an explanation of benefits will be generated by your insurance once your claim has been processed. We encourage our patients to know their benefit information so that they may identify and verify that their health insurance has paid the correct amounts on their claims. Plan limitations are the responsibility of the insurance holder, and any benefit limits surpassed in a benefit year are the patients' responsibility to pay. If you are unsure of your benefit limitations, please consult with your insurance carrier.
Below are just a few of the New Mexico based Employer plans that cover services in our office:
- State of New Mexico, Presbyterian or Blue Cross Blue Shield
- County of Santa Fe, Presbyterian of Blue Cross Blue Shield
- New Mexico Public Schools Insurance Authority (NMPSIA), Presbyterian or Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Los Alamos National Labs, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- City of Santa Fe, CIGNA
- St. Vincent's Hospital, United Healthcare
- AND MANY MANY MORE, based both within and outside of NM!
Questions about your Plan? Call us at (505) 988-2449. We'll directly verify your insurance benefits.
For patients with limited income, you are welcome to fill out our Sliding Scale Paperwork and submit it to us for a possible reduction in fees.
Only Working Service Dogs Permitted - READ ALL
For the health and safety of our patients, Mountain Spirit Integrative Medicine has a No-Pets policy.
We love animals. However, we require you leave your pet at home during your visit to Mountain Spirit. This No-Pets policy applies to:
- Emotional Support Animals
- Comfort Animals
- Therapy Animals
Service animals are individually trained to perform work or tasks for people with disabilities. Service animals are required to be leashed or harnessed except when performing work or tasks where such tethering would interfere with the dog’s ability to perform the work or tasks. Mountain Spirit allows Certified Working Service Animals ONLY to accompany our patients, but ONLY IF ALL of the follow apply:
A) Notify our Staff 1 week or more in Advance of the Appointment; and
B) Receive Permission from our Practice Management in writing (via email) that the Animal is permitted to accompany the Patient, PRIOR to Arrival for such Appointment(s).
Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do NOT qualify as service animals under the ADA. Under ADA regulations that became effective on March 15, 2011, there are no protections for emotional support animals in terms of access to public accommodations and public entities. The Department of Justice has stated that emotional support animals are not protected as service animals under these regulations.
To avoid any disruption or inconvenience, we ask that you please leave your pet at home.
Should you arrive to an appointment with a pet that is not a Certified Working Service Animal:
1) You will be asked to remove the animal from our healthcare facility. For safety of all Animals, we do not allow Animals to be kept in any car on our premises, nor left unattended at our premises, at any time. Therefore, you must leave with your pet.
2) Your appointment(s) that day will be canceled immediately
3) You will be required to promptly pay all Late Cancellation Fee(s) for Missed Appointment(s) that day.
4) If you wish to continue coming to our clinic for ANY future care: You will be required to sign a statement certifying that you understand the above rules of our Private Clinic, and that you will not bring any Pet(s) to any Future Appointment(s).
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with this commonsense pet policy!